Trigger conditions not being observed

I have several triggers setup with “Spotter state” set to only California, but I get spots from stations the east coast anyway. These stations all show NY, PA, FL, etc when I check their location on QRZ.com

The only way to kill those notifications is to add the spotter call to the “not Spotter callsign” list. “California only” isn’t filtering them out.

This seems to have begun recently.

Has something changed that I need to fix.

Could you post a screenshot of an errant spot, with the spot details opened, please? That would help me troubleshoot the issue.

Here are two screenshots of “non California” spotters

Is the reverse true also, I.E. if W0PE in CA spots something do you get it?

Yes, the trigger has been “call sign agnostic”. It doesn’t seem to matter what zone is in the spotter’s call.

California is a big state and I’ve had to “Not Spotter callsign” quite a few spotters that are FAR from me, but still in CA. That list has all zones represented.

Aha! I found the reason. The callsign info file that HamAlert downloads from the FCC once a week may contain multiple records for the same callsign, and the latest record/owner may not be the last one in the file. So I had to modify the import script to check for the highest Unique System Identifier to import the newest record rather than a potentially superseded assignment.

So this should now be fixed. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Great tool and great support.

Thank you